"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Shortest Month Can Seem Reeeaaaallllyyy Long

At last, the final day of February, and happily this isn't a leap year!

I'm glad to say farewell to a month of being mostly housebound, due to--

too much snow....


...endless construction





... and some  extremely frigid weather.
 
 
However, I was able to enjoy my indoor garden of flowers.
 
Real ones.
 



And silk ones. 


 
 
And I was here to witness the first visit from a pileated woodpecker!
 
 
The renovations aren't yet finished, though we hope the carpentry work will be completed on Monday as promised. More flowers are on the way--my jasmine flowers are budding, as is my banana shrub, and my moth orchid has developed some interesting and promising protrusions.
 
Lots of exciting happenings in March. Yes, it can also be a snowy month, but it's also maple sugaring season, and I'll be getting out a lot more. And we have high hopes of the sort of temperatures that will allow lots of melting!
 

No comments: