"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy Dancin'

For lotsa reasons....

1. Last night I found out that the parish whose priest, my friend, died so suddenly in August this week called a friend of mine to be their new priest-in-charge. Monday was his first day there. Saw him--and some of the parishioners--last night at a diocesan meeting. Everyone was beaming and practically floating. Me, too. I wandered around nibbling cookies and dropping crumbs and saying over and over and over, "I'm sooooooo excited! I'm sooooooooo happy about this!"

2. Between working at the office and rushing home to feed the girls and driving a million miles (give or take) to the aforementioned meeting, the Chap and I had dinner together at a restaurant. And the crab cakes were good.

3. I didn't have to moderate that same meeting.

4. Also, squeezed in to #2 above, I stopped in at the music center and paid my registration fee for the mandolin lessons.

5. The weather is milder and there's a warming trend for the weekend--our anniversary weekend. It bodes very well for our stay at the cottage on the Big Lake.

6. Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. Happy Happy! You're the best sister-in-law I've ever had. (Also the only one, but still....)

7. I managed to be gracious yet firm yesterday when my employer sought to extend my "temporary" job. My last day was supposed to be the 11th. I caved when I found out they had desperate need of another week of me. When I told the Chap that now I'd be working till October 18th, he said, "Oh yeah, of what year?" I really like the work and my colleagues, and their desire to hang onto me is flattering. But I've got a lot to do before the London trip, and it's not going to get done if I'm away from the Lodge for three days a week.

8. I shopped today and found a solid colour top that goes with a really hard-to-match new skirt I recently acquired. I already had one matching top, a lightweight one, but this colour is so unusual I despaired of finding another in a slightly heavier weight. I can tick that box.

9. Tonight is the first night this week that I get to hang out at the Lodge with my loved ones and make a home-cooked meal for my husband and me and afterwards watch telly and snuggle with dogs on the sofa.

10. I've run out of things to say. (Now you're Happy Dancin' too!)


No comments: